Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bed of Color



I love Irises. They come in many colors, are hardy even in poor soil, are perennials, and multiply quickly so you have more free, beautiful flowers to share!



Anybody want some?




It's hard to beat free. Most of these came from The Prince's mom but the really pale, ruffly pink ones and the light purplish blue ones came from a neighbor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We LOVE free flowers! Mom had one purple one bloom this year. Mom has yellow but they do not bloom - just the leaves come up so they must be too thick....any that you would like to donate would be wonderful! Need any hosta?
Thanks,
Brooke

The Mrs. said...

Thanks for the offer of hostas. I'm good on hostas as well - they need dividing. The irises I'll probably divide up after they quit blooming. I'll find you in about a month with a large bag full of irises! :)

Cavie Family said...

Do they need sun? We have a shady back yard. I would love some if shade is good. Cris

The Mrs. said...

I would normally say, "Yes, they need sun." However, some excess irises I had just thrown in an old wood planter box with hardly any dirt are budding now and it is REALLY shady back there right up against the house. It's worth a try. I even had a bunch bloom underneath a blue spruce in our backyard - again the throw aways - but they didn't come back.

Sarah said...

I'd love some irises if you have some to spare... I had to leave most of my flowers in florida, so we're trying to rebuild our collection!