
Interesting ponderings......
387 years ago today - June 14, 1623. The first breach of promise suit in the US was filed in the Virginia Council of State, at Charles City, VA. Reverend Greville Pooley brought suit against Cicely Jordan, who had jilted him in favor of another man. (Jordan won the suit.)
235 years ago – June 14th. 1775 , The Continental Army was established by the Continental Congress, marking the birth of the United States Army.
233 years ago - the adoption of the U.S. flag in 1777
91 years ago - 1st non-stop transatlantic flight - June 14th – 15th, 1919 - Captain John Alcock and Lieutenant Arthur W. Brown flew a Vickers Vimy bomber 1,900 miles nonstop from St. Johns, Newfoundland, to Clifden, County Galway, Ireland. In spite of their crash landing in an Irish peat bog, their flight inspired public interest in aviation.
59 years ago - Univac (1st commercial computer) was debuted
34 years ago - The Gong Show – tv show premiere - June 14, 1976.
Today is : Family History Day – June 14th, 2010
Share some story or bit of nostalgia with your family.
The Mrs.'s nostalgia :
I was soo gullible and naive growing up that when my mom told me they put out the US Flags around the 'town square' on Flag Day in honor of me on my birthday.... I believed her until I was about 12 or 13 yrs old!!!!
This crazy picture is me at ?? years old (I don't know - I'm not afraid to tell my age) - for some wacky dress-up day at school.
I am 35 years old. or you might say "I made 35!"
I am the same age as :
Saturday Night Live – 35 years old
I am younger than :
the internet (41 yrs old)
Sesame Street (41 yrs old)
Ziggy! (39 years) The affable everyman cartoon.
Mr. Yuk – 39 years old
Clean water Act – 38 years - 1972
HP introduced the world’s first scientific pocket calculator - 38 years - 1972
Bar codes that changed retailing - 36 years
I am older than :
A whole lot of people, places and things...
I am wise enough to thank God for:
-unblinding my eyes to see the truth of who He really is
-for knowing me in my mother's womb
-for setting the number of my days
-for being sovereign over ALL the 'bad' and all the 'good' in my life
-for continuing the good work he started in me
(that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Phillipians 1 :6)
(ie God doesn't just throw up His hands and say, "I'm done. I'm finished with her. She will never learn." God keeps working to conform me to be more like the image of His son, Jesus Christ, using whatever He knows necessary and prayerfully, receiving the glory for His great accomplishments.)
2 comments:
You don't look 35! (: But you are older than me (: hehe
Hope your day was great!
What an informative post! What a great way to thoughtfully announce your birthday!
Post a Comment