Friday, December 15, 2006

Guess my mom was a good judge of character after all

The "celebrities" I can actually remember my mom liking while I was growing up are few, but Pat Boone was one of them. I knew his past had been conservative, but his "metal" period at the end of the last century made me wonder about his sanity. None the less, he recently gave a very insightful speech at the Heritage foundation regarding the future of our nation and I thought I would share the link.

As an aside the only other celebrities I can remember my mom liking were Dennis Weaver of McCloud fame and Jim Nabors. I don't know if the Jim Nabors fascination was for him playing Gomer Pyle (which was my dad's nickname at the post office) or for Jim's gospel music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dennis Weaver was also on Gunsmoke.