Sunday, December 30, 2007

Follow-Up Post to "Looky What I got for Christmas" - The Story of my 1st tooth.

Confessions of a photo-junkie Mom:

1. Yes, our child is really tolerant of MANY things we do to him. (I recently used the blue snot sucker on him twice without a single whimper, whine, or scream)

2. No, the two 1st tooth pictures on the previous post are NOT the only ones I took.

3. Yes, I am more stubborn than my 4 month old son.
When I first found Zeb's tooth, from wiping out his mouth with a clean corner of his burp cloth (we had heard to do this for good gum health and it helps them not bite you soo much when you start trying to brush their teeth so we've done it since he was a newborn - I didn't want to be biten all the time - self-preservation), I was surprised to feel it catching on something. I looked again and found a tooth! After he finished eating, and I tried calling Daddy, it was time to start the photo shoot.

At first Baby Z thought I was playing and so he kept laughing and smiling at me. Everytime the camera flashed though - he got a surprised look if he couldn't see my face. So I had to hold the camera away from my face, try to get him to smile, hold his mouth open, and hope somehow to focus the camera on the tiny speck of white tooth - think quantity here, not quality. If the camera isn't exactly focused on the tooth, it would not show up clearly when I zoomed in - and it needs a lot of zooming in right now!

So hence, even though we seemed to have been blessed with an exceptionally sweet child who puts up with his crazy mommy taking pictures all the time, it still took a lot of work and a couple of different photo sessions to get "the close-up" of the tooth.

I laughed so hard looking at all the pictures from the first photo-session I started crying. But I had to get more - you still couldn't see his tooth in any of the first pictures! I had to share some of the "bad" photos too - his looks say soo many words without a single sound. Ohh, his really pink eye and cheeks are from him rubbing them ALOT the day before - another teething symptom?. It made the pictures look even more comical though - almost clown-like.

Enjoy! Click here to see more from the photo shoot - just more, not all, there were too many!

No comments: